Soft Lentil Tortillas
- 1 cup Red Lentils (soaked in water for 6 hours)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Water (for blending)
- Oil (for cooking)
- Blend all the ingredients together with 1/2 cup of water in the blender until they form a puree.
- If you see the consistency is still thick, add more water. It should be a pancake batter like consistency.
- Heat up a flat (crepe) pan on medium heat.
- Take 1/4 cup of batter and spread it out evenly on the pan.
- Sprinkle a small amount of oil on top on the batter which you spread on the pan.
- Once you see the edges of the tortillas are beginning to firm or crisp, then you can flip the tortilla over to cook on the other side.
- While cooking on the pan, try to press the tortilla so it can be evenly cooked on both sides
Now your lentil tortillas are ready too eat. You can eat them with eggs, beans, vegetables or anything you wish. I simply spread ghee (indian butter) on top of them and give them to my daughter to enjoy.
You can store these tortillas for 3 days in the fridge. They taste better fresh, so freezing them is not suggested.