- 2.5 cups Foxnuts
- 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Butter or Ghee
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mint Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- For this recipe a Wok or Pan will work best. The pan should be a little deep.
- Heat up the pan on medium heat.
- Put the coconut butter and add all the spices to the pan except mint. We will put the mint later, at the end.
- Right after adding the spices, put the foxnuts into the pan.
- Then mix the foxnuts together with the spices very slowly. This is the secret to allowing the spices to combine with the foxnut. If you mix too fast, the spices will not stick to the foxnuts unless you mix them slowly. You will spend around 1 minute mixing the foxnuts together with the spices.
- Once you are done mixing, sprinkle the dry mint on to of the foxnuts.
- Then put the heat on high for 20 seconds and do not mix the pan.
- After 20 seconds is over, turn off the heat.
- Keep the foxnuts in the pan to cool down completely.
Tip: To check if the foxnuts are crunchy and crispy, take 1 foxnut and try do crack it. If it cracks and you hear a crack, then it means the foxnuts are ready. If the foxnut bends or feels soft when you try to crack it, then turn on the pan again on medium heat for 30 seconds and stir slowly.
Store the foxnuts in an airtight jar.