Carom Seed Cookies
I have very fond memories with these cookies back to when i was child. I still remember the smell of these cookies whenever i used to go to my Dad’s bakery. These cookies were the most famous one in our bakery. I wish my Dad would be very happy to see that these carom seeds cookies are now on my blog!
Try this recipe and enjoy the cookies.
Carom Seeds Cookies
- 1 Cup GlutenFree baking flour I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten free flour(GF)
- 1/4 tsp Xantham Gum Powder Mix the Xantham powder with GF flour first
- 1/4 and 1 Cup and Tbsp Powered Sugar 1/4 Cup plus 1Tbsp powered sugar
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds And extra on the side to sprinkle on the cookies
- 1/4 and 1 Cup and Tbsp Unsalted Butter 1/4 Cup plus 1Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Dairy free Milk This is only if the dough is not stick together.
- Take GF flour in a mixing bowl and add Xantham Gum in it. Mix it well
- Than take one more mixing bowl and add powered sugar and butter in it. Mix them well together until it looks little fluffy. Like shown in picture.
- Than add Vanilla Extract in the sugar and bowl. Mix all of them together again.
- Now take the same GF flour bowl in which you added Xantham gum powered. In that same bowl add all the dry ingredients ( Carom Seeds, Salt and Baking powder) in that same bowl and mix all of them together
- Now add the wet bowl ( Sugar and butter bowl) in the dry bowl( Carom Seeds, Salt and Baking Powder)
- Mix all of the ingredient evenly.
- If the dough is not sticking together properly. Add little bit of milk in it.
- Consistency of the cookie should be not firm it should be little loose. Because it will allow the cookie dough to come out of the piping smoothly.
- Once the cookie dough is ready. Put it into the piping( don't put all of the dough on same time in the piping bag because it will be very uncomfortable to make the shape of the cookie) Try to pick a wide Nozzle so it will easy to make the shape of the cookies very clean and fast. I used open star 6B nozzle tip.
- Once the piping is ready. Take a baking tray and line in with parchment paper.
- Here comes the fun part! Start giving the shape. As you can see in my video and picture i am just pressing the dough downward position firmly two time and than moving on to the next one.
- Keep doing it until the dough is done.
- Pre heat the oven 350 Degree F
- Once the oven it ready place the cookie tray in the oven for minutes.Cookies will be ready in minutes. you can see the light brown color under the cookie. (You may need to adjust the temperature of the oven based of the power of your oven)
- Once the cookies are completely cool down they are ready to eat.